CELEBRATING 150 YEARS OF ENTERTAINING THE NORTH EAST
“150 years in Showbusiness is a BIG deal
and we're putting on a big Show to Celebrate!”
Greatest Show on the Tyne
Newcastle Tyne Theatre & Opera House
Friday 6th October 2017
To Celebrate the 150th Anniversary of The Tyne Theatre & Opera House being in the business & following the success of last year's debut ''Greatest Show on the Tyne'', Chris Cross the Magician & Company have been invited back to The Tyne Theatre & Opera House to stage a Variety Show like no other in the region - think Saturday Night at the Palladium - but only in Newcastle!
This One Night Only Entertainment Extravaganza will take place on Friday 6th October, starting at 7pm Sharp.
Chris Cross says: ''I'm both proud and excited to be part of the celebrations to mark 150 years of laughs, love, tragedy, comedy and live entertainment provided to the people of the North East by The Tyne Theatre & Opera House. It really is such an achievement. That old stage has been there since well before I was born and I'm sure it will be there for hundreds of years after I've gone, too! I have a lot of respect for Newcastle's landmarks and as far as I'm concerned, this historic Victorian theatre is one of them.
I've really gone to town on this project and have a spectacular array of variety performers and magnificent acts booked to be in this year's show - from acrobatic troupes to sword swallowers, illusionists to aerial circus acts, belly dancers to comedians - this is a proper variety show. Packed with all sorts of wonderfully curious acts - this is a show that will be fun for all of the family, for all ages, whilst keeping intact the eccentricities of the old Great British Musichalls. Over a dozen world-class acts are on the bill for this one night only extravaganza - we even have a guy on the show who puts a pan on his head and performs the world's only singing dalek impression! It'll be mental!
It's important to keep variety alive. Live entertainment has had so much fierce competition over the past few decades - with televisions popping up in every room in every house, video games galore and now ipads and iphones that people are all glued to! Nothing compares to the goose-pimples you get, when something amazing happens in a grand theatre like the Tyne - and this show is full of amazing things. Come and support local talent, have a great family night out and most importantly - play your part in keeping Entertainment live in our region! See you all at the Show.''
* JUST ANNOUNCED *
FULL LINE-UP FOR THE GREATEST SHOW ON THE TYNE 2017
- Chris Cross: Newcastle's Favourite Comedy Magician, performing a Daring Escapology Stunt - As Seen on CBBC's ''The Slammer!''
- Bobby Pattinson: North East's No.1 Comedian with Local legend Status
- The Great Aziz: A Proper Magic Acts. With Doves and Everything.
- ACROPOLIS: Guinness World Record Holding, Multi-Award Winning Acrobatics Troupe
- The Pan Man: Singing Dalek Impressions from BGT Semi-Finals!
- Rosie Bloomers & Her Dynamix Aerialists: A Circus on the Ceiling with this Aerial Hoop Performance!
- Charlie Richmond: Star of The Tyne Theatre Panto will sing a few Geordie Songs!
- Amethyst Illusions: BIG Magic Tricks with Dancing Girls and all that Jazz!
- The Postmodernaires: Full Big Band Performing Pop Songs with a Vintage Twist!
- Finbar Healy Comedian: Son of Brendan and also a Comedy Genius!
- Claire-Louise: The Sultry Songstress with the Polka Dots & Petticoat!
- Voodoo Tuesday: This Girl will be Belly Dancing, Poi Spinning & Getting the Stage Hot!
- Junior Turner: Local Singer-Songwriter will be belting out a bit of Nelson Dorma!
*The Show will be Hosted & Compered by Chris Cross the Magician*
ALSO: Pre-show & After-Show Entertainment will be provided by
Traditional Sideshow Performers Iain Jae Mindwraith & Daniel Dorian Johnson
Performing Sword Swallowing, Sideshow Stunts & More!
On The Web
Facebook: EVENT PAGE
Twitter: @TheChrisCross #TyneShow
Watch the 2016 Highlights video from last year's show on YouTube, Here: VIDEO LINK. For 2017 we've got a brand new line-up of performers ready to tread the boards with their acts!
Tickets start from £12 - which is value for your money to say the very least! Also Groups buy 9 tickets and get the 10th free!
Secure your tickets from the Tyne Theatre & Opera House Box Office in person or call them on: 0191 243 1171
Tickets are also available to be purchased online, here: Online Ticket LINK