The Jackie Fielding Fund 2019
A fund in memory of much-loved director Jackie Fielding aims to help young people pursue a career in the performing arts by contributing to drama-training fees.
Applications are now open for 2019.
Who was Jackie Fielding?
Jackie was an accomplished actress and a critically-acclaimed director, she was also renowned for her unwavering support, advocacy and development for emerging artists in the North East. Tragically, in 2015, Jackie died suddenly, during her acclaimed production The Man and the Donkey.
Why a Fund?
Donations from far and wide accumulated at Jackie's funeral and family and friends insisted the money went to support others pursuing a career within the performing arts. In subsequent years, Jackie’s friends have produced fundraising shows and the Fund has awarded a total of £3000 to students since it began.
Who is it for?
Jackie studied drama at Manchester University before attending the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London. Jackie was able to do this with the help of state funding, without which she wouldn't have had the means to pursue. Jackie’s fund aims to contribute towards fees for training and continued development for actors, directors and musical-theatre students.
Previous Winners Include:
Gray from South Shields. Since graduating from her muscial theatre course at
The Royal Academy of Music , Louise has gone on to sing with Tim Minchin, The
Lion King West End and Radio 2's Friday night is Music Night.
· Lucy Davis from Longbenton heads into her third year at Sage Academy of Performing Arts which, as she says 'wouldn't have been possible without funding'.
A maximum award of £1000 is attributed annually in July. The closing date for applications is: Friday 12th July 2019
· Age 18 or over
· Available to attend an audition in South Tyneside 25th July 2019
· Available for full time courses and short courses
· Applicants must be from the North East of England *Candidates from outside the region may be considered if they can demonstrate a strong affiliation
· Open to actors, musical-theatre students and directors
· Funding is paid direct to training provider for tuition fees only.
· Applicants to apply via this link: www.bit.ly/jackiefund2019
· Name, D.O.B, Postcode, Course title, Course Provider. Plus, your career goals and how the course will support your development towards these goals. (500 words MAX)