Love and magic are being sucked out of our world. Can you help us, find out how and why and save Christmas?
Newcastle Alphabetti Theatre
Tuesday 8th – Thursday 24th December 2020
A brand new festive, family friendly, Covid-19 safe, immersive performance for one household/support bubble at a time.
Alphabetti Theatre and Woven Nest present a new Christmas show for one household/ support bubble at a time. Created by Alphabetti’s Artistic Director, Ali Pritchard, this will be a mesmerising show created exclusively for these unfamiliar times.
Despite the global pandemic production partners Woven Nest have been running workshops outside, online and anyway they can with West Rainton Primary School, Springfield Lodge Care Home, Carr Hill Community Primary School, St Mark's Court Care Home, Hotspur Primary School & Wordsworth House Care Home to devise details and colour that writer Ali Pritchard has weaved into a script.
With a villain who only eats raw turnips and rat stew – subsequently needing to douse themselves in sickly-sweet tropical perfume to her invisible gargoyle subordinates; this is a production that will transport the audience into physical and metaphorical other worlds!
When: 8th – 24th December 2020
(excluding 13th, 14th & 20th)
Running length: Approx. 50 mins
Time Slots from: 15:50 until 19:00 (Schooldays)
& 11:00 until 19:00 (Saturdays/school holidays)
Age Recommendation: Suitable for all the family
Tickets: £30 per household/bubble (groups of max 5) from www.alphabettitheatre.co.uk or 0191 261 9125
· All tickets must be pre-booked due to Covid-19 – no walkups available.
· All audience members will need to bring a face covering to be worn throughout the performance (whilst inside) to keep our staff safe
· All audience members will need to bring a pair of headphones to be worn at certain parts throughout the performance.
· All audience members should wear suitable clothing for winter weather, as some parts of the performance will take place outside. If you forget any of these things, Alphabetti will have masks to purchase, headphones and snuggle packs to hire.
· Due to the military precision required for this production to keep all staff and audience safe - there is a strict no late comers policy.